Minutes of 2006-04-24 meeting

Minutes

  • Mails with comments from FV, Fabien Gandon and LMG. LMG felt more fundamental, the others less so.
  • LMG's mail (April 24th 2006)
    • Tutorialisms: LMG feels they have to go, SP and FV feel they should stay. FV proposes that an explanatory note is put at the beginning of the document that says that the white part is not authoritative and the gray part is. All agree. LMG proposes that we first write and approve the gray boxes, and then go back and update the white part and the examples. All agree
    • Notation: still three, no, now four candidates for notation. LMG's Q, VP's first order logic notation, OMG ODM, and now LMG proposes a new one. FV feels it is too much procedural and imperative. LMG agrees that it could be possible to try to render it less imperative. LMG is to extract gray boxes and, as much as possible, avoid to change order and grouping of text in gray boxes. Easy up to 3.5, difficult afterwards.
    • Detailed points: deferred to next concall (with VP). A few issues though:
      • Section 2.1, Point 7: We violate this point. Proposal: not to reference namespaces more often than necessary. Rephrase point 7 to refer to guidance rather than guidelines.
  • Fabien Gandon's mail (March 31st 2006)
    • SP to draft an answer message. Most issues are easy to deal with. Open:
      • Remark #3: discuss why seeAlso and isDefinedBy are not appropriate
      • Remark #6: Text must be added to make it clear how we relate to RDFS/OWL reasoning. Text should say that translation works on the results of reasoning, if it is used, but that there is no requirement to use reasoning.
      • Remark #8: inform Fabien that we are investigating the use of Alt in this context, and will return to him on that.

Action points:

  • LMG: either re-write gray boxes to pre-condition/post-condition form (trying to the as little as possible imperative and procedural) or declare failure in doing so. Deadline: May 7th.
  • SP: SP to draft an answer to Fabien and circulate among editors before sending to the list. Deadline: May 7th.

Other decisions:

  • FV: an explanatory note is put at the beginning of the document that says that the white part is not authoritative and the gray part is.
  • LMG: first write and approve the gray boxes, and then go back and update the white part and the examples.
  • LMG is to extract gray boxes and, as much as possible, avoid to change order and grouping of text in gray boxes.
  • SP not to reference namespaces more often than necessary.
  • FV and LMG: post regrets for today's teleconf.

Timelines:

  • 2006-05-15 TELECON @ 11:00 via Skype.

-- FabioVitali - 24 Apr 2006

Revision: r1.1 - 24 Apr 2006 - 13:39 - FabioVitali
RDFTM > MinutesOfConferenceCalls > ConCall20060424
Copyright © 1999-2017 by the contributing authors. All material on this collaboration platform is the property of the contributing authors.
Ideas, requests, problems regarding Fabio's Wiki? Send feedback